Would you like to help a friend or family member quit tobacco? We can help you learn how to be a great support and source of information for anyone ready to kick their habit.
The Oregon Tobacco Quit Line is a free program offering tips, information and one-on-one telephone counseling. It is available to all Oregonians regardless of income or insurance status, and is staffed by real people who are friendly and non judgmental. Coaching is available in many languages.
They can do it. You can help. We can help you.
Oregon Tobacco Quit Line:
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Español: 1-855-DEJELO-YA (1-855-335356-92)
- TTY: 1-877-777-6534
- Or register online at: www.quitnow.net/Oregon
Websites with additional information include:
- American Lung Association’s Freedom from Smoking Online Program
- American Cancer Society’s guide to Helping a Smoker Quit
- Become an Ex: Re-learn Live Without Cigarettes
- Freedom from Smoking
- OHSU Smoking Cessation Center
- You Can Quit Smoking Now
- Complete Guide to Quitting
- Live chat with a quit counselor
- My Last Dip: quit smokeless tobacco